View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 01:18 AM   #75
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I've always felt that the movie "I, Robot" was more of a prequel to the Asimov's stories. It seemed to explaining why there were no robots on Earth.
I just figured that the I, Robot movie was a cheesy piece of crap action flick who's scriptwriter and producer didn't care about Asimov. I felt bad for Alex Proyas, a director I otherwise respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The story I heard at the time was that Verhoeven was pitching the movie and it was turned down. Then he asked. "What if we call it Robert Heinlein's Starship Troopers?" No idea if this is true, but it isn't hard to imagine something like that happening.
I dunno about that. The stuff I mentioned was from various interviews with Paul Verhoeven.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote