View Single Post
Old 11-20-2016, 04:03 PM   #68
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Some divide Heinlein's works into his early works and later works, which had a lot more sex in them. Stranger written in 1961 was considered the first of the later works. I was never a big fan of Stranger in a Strange land, I will Fear No Evil or Time Enough for Love. Didn't like any of the novels after Time Enough for Love.

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress was always may favorite and one that I think would have made a great movie. I also liked the Glory Road (another good potential movie). If someone ever decided to actually make Starship Troopers into a movie that would be pretty interesting as well. [yea, that's sarcasm based on my view that they totally missed the point of the book in the movie]
Glory Road would make a good movie, if they tried really hard not to turn it into a primer for sexually explicit Political Correctness, the way they did with Starship Troopers.

Why buy the rights to a famous book if you intend to gut it and change it to something it never was? Why not just steal the basic plot, call it a different name and keep all the profits?
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote