View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 01:12 PM   #49
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Definition of a "Pristine Library"

Thank you for asking this excellent question. No one has ever PM'd me this.

A "pristine" library would be like "pristine snow" in that it would have no defects. In other words, it is 100% clean from the perspective of metadata.

Based on your comments, you do not have a Pristine Library. You may have Pristine Books, but they are commingled with unclean books.

Since you have a huge library, I suggest converting your standard Calibre metadata.db into a Q&S metadata.db as outlined in my recent post entitled: "How to Swap New Q&S metadata.db for Old Standard Calibre metadata.db".

After you scrub each book in your new QuarantineAndScrub library, you could copy each newly "pristine" book to your new "real" pristine library (whatever name that might be). However, I did not do that for my huge library.

What I did was to use View Manager to create 2 views: Standard Calibre Library and Q&S Library. I also created a Virtual Library based on Status being blank, and another one on Status not being blank.

By keeping my Pristine Library within a physical Q&S library, I can easily go back to the formerly "pristine" books and do new things to them (based on new Q&S functionality or new Q&S Tag Rules and so forth) without having to copy them from a normal library back into a Q&S library. At ~ 1 hour per 1,000 epubs (even with antivirus etc. etc. deactivated), copying is a non-starter for me.

Note that the Q&S icons are inactive unless the library name contains QuarantineAndScrub.

When all of my books in my QuarantineAndScrub_Pristine library are truly "pristine", I will rename the library to just "CalibreMain" (its previous name). However, since the metadata.db will be Q&S-based, I could always rename it to a Q&S name to reactivate the icons without any copying required.

Why deactivate the icons if not a Q&S name? To keep people from installing and attempting to run it without reading, understanding, and following the user guide first.

Anyway, back to your question. As I said above, and based on your comments, you do not have a Pristine Library, just some pristine books.

DaltonST

p.s. Also read my post: Multiple Q&S Libraries and Synching Tag & Title Rules

Last edited by DaltonST; 12-09-2014 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Added a postscript.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote