View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #11
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
MacBook Air, huh. Hmm.

On the Apple site, comparing 13 inch MacBook Air with 13 inch MacBook Pro is useful. I'm not convinced, but I'm old-fashioned, as well as a possibly biased MacBookPro person. I don't necessarily trust the Air's flash drive which has significantly smaller storage capacity even at upgrade to 256GB compared to 750 GB serial ATA. Extra speed of Solid State Drive in a Pro might be nice, but it's fine with just cheaper (and more storage) serial ATA drive. Air is an i5 and with superdrive (dvd/cd reader) added is $1678 at Apple Store US, while Pro with i7, superdrive, and more ports is $1499. Pro is also expandible from 4GB to to 8GB DDR3 SDRAM for extra $200, while the Air currently is limited to 4GB DDR3 SDRAM.

For outdoor use or carting around a lot, the Pro seems more rugged and sturdy.

How important is the weight difference of 0.69 kg, against some of the advantages of the Pro vs the Air?
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote