View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 06:26 AM   #12
zxczxc
Addict
zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: PW
I did it!
http://imgur.com/a/6STJn

-- Oops, I didn't read properly, nice work Yourcat!

Yeah, I was following your ideas, I edited the xorg.conf file, and inserted:
Option "RandRRotation" "True" and removed
Option "Rotate" "CW"

Then I made it immutable so the system couldn't change it back on init

And yeah... lab126 really don't have this set up to account for different resolutions!
The screen went landscape, which I realized is the TRUE orientation of the screen, since yeah most places use screens landscape and nothing is telling to the kindle to go portrait (counter clock wise) anymore.

The layout was a bit of a mess, it wasn't so bad. The input wasn't correct, it was 90/270 etc.

I tested using xrandr --output default --rotation inverted/right/left...
only --rotation normal worked

I read about other people having problems like this, sometimes you need to adjust the mode your screen/display is using, look at the edid, stuff about proprietary drivers, it seemed a bit complex...

Anyway, when changing the xorg.conf back I realized (like Yourcat) - just go to CW instead of CCW.

Sorry I didn't see/understand what you did earlier, this is just what I wanted!

I'll have to build xinput but yes when we use that it would be perfect!

Although... what is the best way to edit the xorg.conf?

Making it immutable is ugly, but, I don't think the system ever changes the file.
As in, the data there remains constant (unless we update the kindle and there is a change etc)

Your idea of editing the makexconfig config creation script is great, I'll make a program to automate it.
I don't like the idea of editing system files but, it's not that invasive.
If there was an update to the kindle that mattered, relating to the xorg.conf, makexconfig would be replaced anyway... so, no big issue!

The only scary bit is that if we mess up makexconfig, maybe the kindle won't boot. ha

---

New idea:

I see this in the makexconfig file:
Code:
# Only whiskey has accelerometer as of now.
  if [ "$(f_board)" = "whisky" ]; then
    echo '        Option      "NoAccel" "false"' >> $XCONFFILE
  else
    echo '        Option      "NoAccel" "true"' >> $XCONFFILE
  fi
How about we fake having the accelerometer and send/fake whatever motion values are needed to get the system to rotate natively?

Maybe worth a shot.

Last edited by zxczxc; 09-27-2016 at 07:11 AM.
zxczxc is offline   Reply With Quote