View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 08:52 PM   #1160
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I did put this on my Kobo. The result is interesting and sort of what deback is seeing.

The basic thing is that at the bottom of the screen, it is showing page numbering per chapter instead of the full book. There are two problems with the numbering. Firstly, the first page is always shown as 2. But, the count for the chapter is correct. And like what deback is seeing, it always is "of 2".

While working out what was happening, I turned on the option to show page numbers in the margin. This was interesting as it showed the page numbers from the page-map. So this show "ii", "iii" and then changed back to 1 when it reached chapter 1. There is a problem with these but part of that is the book. The Roman numerals are not in order, but they aren't in order in the page-map, the page-list or the spine. So, I think that is actually correct because the page numbers in the page-map is a string to be displayed rather than a counter.

I'll have a better look at home and drop it into ADE to see whether that matches the behaviour on the Kobo.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote