View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 11:45 AM   #2
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tscaluser234 View Post
Does anyone know if a Windows PC with a touchscreen will work with Calibre? I see on the Calibre web site that it supports Windows 8 tablets, but I want to use a desktop PC with a touchscreen. The touchscreen should allow scrolling through the books with finger movements on the screen. Thanks!
Yes, and then "sort of".

Recent releases of calibre will play nice with a touch-based Windows machine to a degree, though some functions are difficult to use in a pure touch environment, particularly on a small screen.

The main library screen, both list view and cover view, function nicely using a touch screen. The Tag Viewer and other panels and dialogs, on the other hand, have no special touch functionality. You have to rely on dragging the scroll "thumb" like you would with a mouse. This is rather difficult to access and control on a small screen, though it shouldn't be too difficult on a large display.

My only touch experience with calibre is on an 8" Dell tablet. It is my primary calibre machine, though I keep a reasonably up-to-date copy of my library on my desktop machine and use that for any significant use of calibre's Editor. I've used the TouchMousePointer utility for several years to emulate mouse functionality. This has made calibre, and other applications, more usable on my little Dell.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote