View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 01:30 PM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
[GUI Plugin] Unplugged

This is a very simple plugin that allows you activate an "unplugged" mode, in which calibre will not detect any new connected devices. Devices already connected will continue to function normally.

N.B. This is a quick initial version. It seems to be working for me, but it may fail for any configuration different than mine (i.e., whenever I say "will", read "should"). Feel free to try it out.

Why?

You may want to plug a device into your computer and not have calibre detect and mount it. Maybe you want to run a checkdisk-like utility, or mount the device outside calibre, or the device and/or calibre is behaving strangely... You can set calibre to ignore a particular device, but that's not quick, and it requires connecting the device first, and restarting calibre, anyway.

How?

When you install the plugin there will be a new button that you can add to your toolbars, called "Unplugged". If the icon shows a plain USB plug, calibre will work as normal. Clicking on the button will toggle to a crossed out plug, now the "unplugged" mode is enabled (confusing enough?) this means if you plug a device, calibre will not detect it. The rest of the OS should be unaffected, of course. Click on the button again and calibre is back to normal (and will detect the device if you still have it plugged in). The status of the plugin is saved between calibre sessions.

Version History:
Spoiler:
  • Version 1.0.0 (2015-09-13)
    Initial release
Attached Files
File Type: zip Unplugged-1.0.0.zip (31.6 KB, 152568 views)

Last edited by Jellby; 11-08-2015 at 03:53 AM.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote