Thread: StoryGraph MR Reading Challenge Masterpost
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 02:41 PM   #40
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
The first section about the pool was one of the most accurate and evocative pieces of prose I’ve ever read. For me, I think the key identifying trait of Otsuka’s writing is the use of the first person plural.
That part was STELLAR. I also love how everyone is named and has careers even though they are only in one sentence. it reminds me vaguely of the same style in Anthony Marra, particularly in A Constellation of Vital Phenomenon.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote