View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 04:29 AM   #7
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
I realise that my desire to find a way of doing an SVG cover with an individual HTML file which validates to W3C standards may be quixotic, but that's what I want to do.
I somehow fail to see what the problem is. The default SVG wrapper that both Sigil and Calibre create for cover pages passes ePubCheck, and you can of course also use the SVG wrapper to wrap an .svg image with text in it.

For example, I quickly slapped together a simple ePub with a text based SVG cover image that uses an embedded blackletter font. This ePub passes ePubCheck and displays as expected with ADE and you can easily change the cover text by editing the .svg file in Sigil.

Disclaimer: This won't work on any Kindle.
Attached Files
File Type: epub cover.epub (72.9 KB, 332 views)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote