View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 04:31 PM   #15
pwalker8
Wizard
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Sony PRS-T2
ok, I've got a work around for this.

In calibre companion, select a book. choose read. Instead of copy to Marvin, choose save to Files. Select a folder under On My IPad (I use the Numbers folder). Select Add.

In Marvin, Select menu, Get Book From, Cloud Picker. Select Browse. Choose the folder that you saved the ebook to (it will remember the folder). Select the ebook. and voila.

It's a bit more of a kludge than simply selecting Marvin, but it works and doesn't require that you be connected to your main Calibre database.

After you have saved the ebook to files from Calibre Companion, you can also put up the Files app, go to the folder and do a long select on the ebook in question (i.e. select and hold your finger down). This will pop up a menu. One of the options is share. After you share, you will be given a list of apps to share with, including iBooks and Marvin. Just select the app and the ebook is copied there, just like it use to be with CC.

I've tried both methods and it seems to work.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote