View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 03:34 PM   #7
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
^

The Cornell University titles are actually just price-matches to their Open Access program, whose full contents are already listed on their dedicated webpage here where you can download them all directly DRM-free as ePub & PDF, and may have already been mentioned in the Open/Free University/Academic Presses thread. ISTR that some of them were also available at different retailers when I checked them last year.
Very good. I had forgotten about that thread, even though I have posted on it quite a bit. Maybe my post above is redundant.

However, I doubt that the list of names of university/academic presses mentioned on the thread come anywhere close to being exhaustive. I think that I've got a bookmark set for a webpage somewhere that at least attempts to list all of them. I'll try to get around to looking for it, and post it on this and/or the thread that you referenced.

But for people to actually check each one of the listed sites, one-by-one, to see if there's anything on one of the listed sites that they'd like to have, my, how daunting that would be! I've got a backlog of free ebooks that I know about, on various websites, that I want to download, and I've been praying that the books or the websites don't disappear before I can get to them! Then, there's an issue that I've run into of where a site did have the tomes in PDF (which I personally like), for example, but they've changed them over to html5, which I know very little about (but it looks like the wave of the future, so I'm going to have to learn how to handle it eventually anyway).

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-01-2017 at 03:44 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote