View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #80
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'd also make a distinction between my main "workhorse" computer, which I'll probably want to connect lots of peripherals to, and a laptop used for other purposes. For my "main" computer I'd certainly want an o/s with good driver support, and I'd probably hesitate about buying Win8 at the present time for that reason; I have a number of older devices (eg a very good printer which I really don't want to have to replace) which I don't know whether or not have Win8 drivers available. For stability reasons, Win8 is fussier about installing older drivers than Win7 is.
and for security reasons. my solution to the printer problem is to run a vpc of the compatible software then share the printer. computers are so amazing now, that running an xp server as an xpc is totally trivial.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote