View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 01:37 PM   #18
canpolat
Connoisseur
canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Xodo
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillachie View Post
>1. I uploaded 8 PDF books to try it out. The "processing" time seems very long. It did not really bother me that much in the beginning,

Looking at the only PDFs that have remained in the "processing" state. The 8 PDFs that you uploaded to test comes back as being encrypted during the conversion process.

Will PM you to get permission to evaluate the document. We plan to support encrypted PDFs in the future

Conversions are pretty fast otherwise.

>2. After the processing, BookFusion correctly read the XMP data from my books, but fields like >Publisher, Language and Subject are not fetched. Only the Title and Author fields were presented. >Does BookFusion attempt to read XMP data? If so, would it be possible to at least parse the 'Subject' field and use it to populate Tags? I think that is almost a one-to-one match.

We extract all metadata from the books when uploaded. However we only display Title and Author to our readers. Parsing the subject field to populate tags is a great suggestion. Thanks

>3. As a personal user I don't see any limits as to how many books I can store in total. Is it unlimited? >If it is unlimited does BookFusion promise to keep it that way in the future? If not, is there a plan on >introducing paid plans?

Currently all our early users can upload and read a unlimited number of books as we continue to build and refine our platform. We will not restrict or place limits on the accounts now or in the future for our active early users

However we will provide the option to pay $30 -$35 per year to new readers for an unlimited account. Early active readers will see a different option for $15 per year that you can pay to show your support. The plan will provide the unlimited account, book discounts and prizes(for example tablet giveaway). You would be able

>4. Can I share my books with other people who also have BookFusion accounts? If so, how (do I need an >organization/enterprise account for that)?

We have temporarily disabled this functionality until we have integrated notifications and messaging in our app. This will be enabled this year with an updated flow along with the release of the friends & family options that would make sharing your ebooks more intuitive

>>5. Is there a way to view the books as a list instead of grid?

Not yet but planned for this year.

These are not many at all and we are happy to know that you are genuinely interested. See some initial screenshots for the list view and the friends and family options that will allow you to easily share your ebooks once they have an account.

We have a lot of upcoming changes and features that we believe will truly create a better reading experience for our readers.

Thank you for your response.

>Currently all our early users can upload and read a unlimited number of books as we continue to build and refine our platform. We will not restrict or place limits on the accounts now or in the future for our active early users

>However we will provide the option to pay $30 -$35 per year to new readers for an unlimited account. Early active readers will see a different option for $15 per year that you can pay to show your support. The plan will provide the unlimited account, book discounts and prizes(for example tablet giveaway). You would be able

Good to know this in advance. I think $30 -$35 per year is quite reasonable.

I will be looking forward to get the sharing option so that I can invite my friends over.

This looks promising
canpolat is offline   Reply With Quote