View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 12:33 AM   #9
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Followup answer: Yes.

To find Calibre's configuration directory, run Calibre. Then go to Preferences > Miscellaneous (under Advanced). Then select Open Calibre configuration directory. Done.
the default is C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\calibre

its not large, so its easy to backup or to zip.
I have no idea what most of the bits inside do - I treat as a black box and don't dabble

ps I agree with the advice to not have your main library in any cloud solution, but having a mirror / backup there is very useful. it enables 24/7 access without running your library PC for 24/7, and because the dropbox PC app will maintain a a local disc copy wherever it is installed, you have additional auto-updated local backups on other machine(s)

Last edited by stumped; 07-30-2019 at 12:36 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote