View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
Well, it sounds like it might 'create' this extra XML file. Can you point me to an epub archive that contains one?
No, it doesn't create the file. You create the file. In an editor of your choosing. Or you copy an existing version of the file. You just use Tweak Book to add the file to the ePub archive. You can't add or create the file using Sigil. Sigil will pretend the file is in the MISC folder if it already exists in the ePub, but it actually resides in the META-INF folder (alongside the container.xml file) which you can't access with Sigil. Is there a particular reason that you don't believe me when I tell you that Tweak Book doesn't "create" anything? I assure you, I'm not lying. It extracts and rebuilds the epub archive (rebuilds it the special way an epub archive needs to be created). The rest is up to you.

As to pointing you to an epub that contains one, you'll find that many commercial epubs contain that file nowadays (even though it's only required for iBooks). People that publish through iBooks/iTunes have to include the file if they want embedded fonts to display.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-26-2013 at 06:14 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote