View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #379
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
When I first started using text to speech, I had difficulty understanding it. Whole sentences would disappear into an unintelligible mess. But then I learned to understand it, I suppose it's like your brain adapting to understand a strong accent. Now, I can listen to books without a problem, even at full speed. I find the female voice works best.

Audio books read by a human are better, of course, but I find text to speech meets my needs now that I have adapted to it. TTS is always available, even if I haven't downloaded a proper audio book.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote