View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHC View Post
I'm using the InDesign 5.5 Book feature to convert a printed book to ePub. The main chapters are divided into separate files to provide page breaks, but each chapter has sub-chapters that need second-level (at least) TOC entries.

The subchapters don't start on new pages in the printed book and I need to follow that format.

a) How can I add the TOC entries that jump to the subchapters (either in Indesign or Dreamweaver 5.5) without creating a page break when the user is reading straight through?

b) How can I indent these TOC entries to get 2nd and 3rd levels?

Just add an named anchor
<a id="midway">(optional words)</a>

then the TOC should reference the Anchor:

<content src="Text/index_split_004.xhtml#midway"/>

(I prefer to use a full link instead of a relative link(the red part) )

Last edited by theducks; 12-29-2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Moved example
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote