View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
ShinyZubat
ShinyZubat has a spectacular aura aboutShinyZubat has a spectacular aura aboutShinyZubat has a spectacular aura aboutShinyZubat has a spectacular aura aboutShinyZubat has a spectacular aura aboutShinyZubat has a spectacular aura aboutShinyZubat has a spectacular aura aboutShinyZubat has a spectacular aura aboutShinyZubat has a spectacular aura aboutShinyZubat has a spectacular aura aboutShinyZubat has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
Can I find my Kobo ebooks on my PC?

This is sort of a weird one, so I'm not sure if anyone can help here, but...

I bought a book via Kobo's Japanese store (Rakuten). And I admit, I may have been hasty in doing it. My impression was that most ereaders also let you read ebooks via your pc. (Which I did for Kindle, and it was super convenient) Since I don't have an ereader yet. I've been thinking I'd get one soon, but in the mean time I thought it was alright to buy ebooks anyway, since as I said before I can usually read them via my pc.

But, it seems that I can't do that in this situation...I am suspecting that maybe it's just a restriction from the Japanese Kobo store. But I really really don't want to believe that. (Because that sucks super hard, and I can't figure why they would even bother putting in a restriction like that.) The book shows up when I log into Kobo Desktop, but if I click on it, it won't open. : ( There also appears to be no download link on the website itself. The only reason it even appears on Kobo Desktop is because it syncs my library whenever it opens.

I thought maybe if it was downloaded somewhere on my pc, then I could find it and figure out a work around. As of yet though, I have been unable to locate it on my computer. Do you think maybe it's there, but it's just well hidden? Any suggestions? Or am I just out 700 yen? : /

Thanks for any input.
ShinyZubat is offline   Reply With Quote