View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 10:08 PM   #1
timezone
Addict
timezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Windows Phone7, Kindle Fire
PDF Comment and Question

Well, maybe they are both questions. I am using Nitro PDF to convert Word docs to PDF. I hope to hear from anyone using Nitro but even if you are not I also wish you would comment. These two issues are very important to me and I thank you in advance for taking the time to read my message and hopefully respond to it.

I have tried a number of page sizes including what I believe is the exact working page size I picked up from another post. Whenever I convert to PDF it always displays on 2/3 of the page if not less. I finally viewed the PDF document properties on the desktop and it appears to change the page size to 8 1/2 x 11. I gave up and made the Word page size 8 1/2 x 11 and finally saw the print display in the full screen area of the Iliad. I understand when it ends up on the Iliad the PDF is downsized to the viewing area of the reader. I don't have a problem with the time it takes to turn a page. However jumping pages sometimes takes an enormous amount of time but on occasion the same leap across pages can be fast. That was the comment section of my message

Does Nitro or most PDF programs allow for adjusting the page size? I don't see it in Nitro. Not sure why the PDF conversion program doesn't take on the same measurements of the source document during the conversion . It also appears that if I can fix this problem then I have to fix the font size. Many messages about PDF's have spoken about the font type but I don't believe the font size is ever mentioned. Otherwise each page will hold half the number of lines.

My second question has to do with the links or is it bookmarks where one can touch an item with the stylus and jump to the associated page. I can create bookmarks in Word and when the PDF is created I see it in the Adobe Reader in the bookmark window on my desktop. The table of contents in the doc window is static. On the Iliad the bookmarks are lost. Without this feature the PDF files I want to create lose a lot of functionality. I really need some help with this one. I did searches and I don't believe I was able to find the answer. So there is no misunderstanding I want to create the same type of Table of Contents found in the PDF User Manual in the reader. How is this done? Thanks again for taking the time to consider my questions.
timezone is offline   Reply With Quote