View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 12:00 PM   #7
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Want to find good home for 3 eBook 1100s

I started with the Rocket eBook 1100 several years ago, and loved it. I got a second one for my wife, and then after they stopped supporting it, still used it, mostly for Gutenberg books.

A friend who had ordered a lot of books (as I did) when Gemstar announced they were discontinuing support, gave me his along with about 80 books, all of which I read.

When Sony finally came out with the Reader, I immediately got that, and then about six months ago got the Kindle. My wife now "owns" the Reader and I the Kindle. As can read the classics on both of those, really have no use for the three 1100s anymore.

They all are in excellent condition, all with cases, chargers and USB cables. I hate to have them just sitting around, and too good to use as door stops, so wonder if anybody could use these. I'd like to get a few bucks for all three, but willing to dicker on a cost if anybody is interested.

Obviously, not many people on this forum, and unlikely anybody who does not have one would show up, so I'm wondering if there are any other forums where offering these would be appropriate. I don't want to mess with eBay, and craigslist would probably not find anybody who even knew what they were.

I assume the problem for a new owner would be how to get even the Gutenberg books into it and whether the software in the CD I have would work now. I had to download Gutenberg books as .txt, pull it into the old Rocket Librarian, save it as a .rd book, close that and open the eBook Librarian, import it, and then send to the device.

Is there an easier way for a new user to get these books into the old 1100s?

Any suggestions as to how I could find somebody who would like one or all of these great devices? As I said, I'd like to get a few dollars for them, but if anybody really wanted one, I would probably send them for the shipping costs.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote