View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #8
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
While I have seen quite a few 'edited by' prefixes, I don't see 'by' in the authors column that often. Maybe one in 1000?

I can see where this would be annoying if it was even 10% of your books, but in xx,000 ebooks this has not happened for me.

It may not be that difficult to parse, but some authors names also contain 'by' Byron, Kirby etc.

The calibre developers all maintain libraries using calibre and are way more nitpicky than most about things being as good as they can make them.

They are also extremely receptive to programmers such as yourself making actual code contributions.

Perhaps try search and replace if you are getting a lot per session.

And maybe the improvement you ask for will just magically show up one day. It has happened before.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote