View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 10:34 PM   #1
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
20 mb limit for epubs

I was all set to upload a corrected version of my last old geology book - 'Geology and Extinct Volcanos of Central France' - but ran into a problem: the file of 20.6 mb is too large for acceptance by MobilRead. The problem resulted from adding an additional image, that of a large folding map that was ok for ADE but together with other changes raised the file size from the previous <19 mb to the present size. Of course I can cut down the image resolution (I typically use 150 dpi rather than 75 dpi - the lower res is fine for an ereader but I use color images and the higher res is much better for viewing them on a computer, and I could use gray scale images if absolutely necessary).

Is there any way that the file size limitation might be elasticized a bit?
Bob
Never mind - with careful editing of the images I was able to shave off a couple of megs to get well within the limit.
Bob

Last edited by bobcdy; 04-28-2011 at 11:14 PM. Reason: added new material
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote