View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 09:28 AM   #9
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I do use the same passwords for less important sites, where there are no financial data stored and I wouldn't care whether the site got hacked. There are just too many of those to use individual passwords for each. For Amazon, Google, Microsoft, PayPal, Adobe etc I use unique passwords.

And I actually use the analog method of storing passwords. But then no other person has access to my things, I almost never have any visitors and I keep the password paper somewhat hidden, so an accidental burglar wouldn't find it easy to grab either. Not that I've ever been burglarized.
Sensible.

As is, IT thinking on passwords has been evolving and many are rethinking their user system security policies. Biometrics are filtering down to phones and fairly cheap tablets and PCs. Fingerprint readers and, yes, facial recognition, are replacing passwords as the key authentication systems at the user level, even if PIBS and passwords remain as a "se urity blanket". Even security fobs and keys are coming to PCs.

At the corporate level security fobs, keys, and cards and biometrics are the minimum at most well run places and have been for decades.

There's too much compute power out there for even the hardiest password to be trusted for mission critical security.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote