View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 04:37 PM   #14
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
OK, it's now 1224 and I've just added another batch of 364 books (my "J" and "K" authors). Let's see how long these take to index. I'm leaving my Kindle connected to USB power, and sitting on the "Items Not Yet Indexed" page.

EDIT: 1h elapsed, and there are now 225 books left to index, so it's processed 139 books in an hour.

EDIT: 2h elapsed, and 111 books left to index, so 114 books processed in the second hour.

EDIT: 3h, and 47 books remaining, so only 64 books processed in this hour. That's due to processing some large omnibus editions, such as the Delphi complete works of M.R. James.

EDIT: 3h 20m and we're stuck on 46 books to go. This is almost certainly because of the huge 33MB Delphi "Complete Works of Henry James" omnibus, which is taking ages to process.

EDIT: 3h 30m and we're still stuck on 46. Hope it hasn't hung up! .

EDIT: 3h 35m and we're on the move again. It was the Henry James omnibus (it's now disappeared from the list of unindexed books). Show what an impact very large books can have - that one book took half an hour to index.

EDIT: Finished at 1620, so that took 3h 56m to index 364 books, or an average of one and a half books a minute. That included several extremely large books.
That's a really helpful post, Harry. I finished downloading my 2351 books on my KO2 last night after three days. Before I plugged it in overnight there were 570 books to be indexed, and only down to 566 books in the morning despite charging all night. But then it went down more quickly. It's now on 420 books.
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote