View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #5
Jesslynne
Zealot
Jesslynne doesn't litterJesslynne doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Mini
It's actually funny I've never had such a bad battery and I tend to leave it in sleep mode all day and do suffer from the wake-from-sleep bug. I've always had it successfully stay charged all day, the power only draining while I'm physically using it.

That said, I am rooted and got rid of all the recurring bloat apps that keep opening themselves up in the background. And my brightness is at it's lowest setting and I use screen filter that Kboland linked you to. As well as turn airplane mode when not in use.

I'm not one who pays much attention to CPU use to keep battery loss at a minimum and I've never found the Kobo's battery too short lasted for me. The only time I charge it during the day is when I'm going to work in the evening - cause I use it as the demo unit.

That said, do root your Vox and us ES file explorer to remove rdio and globe2go, though you force quit on start up from experience before I removed them, they tend to reopen themselves when you're not paying attention. In Jeff's guide he also lists other apps that are safe to remove to free up some memory. You don't need to be overly tech savvy with the gingerbreak program and ES file explorer, just don't remove what you don't see is in the list as safe to remove.

- to do that versus what Jeff describes in ES file explorer, go to settings tick off root explorer and click the mount file system as writable.
- then back to the file folders and under favorites - click the directory that's just /, or depending on versions the sd card on the top right.
- go into system then apps, and you'll get a list of installed apps that are the ones preloaded.

And the app Kboloand linked you to can be also accessed through Getjar since he linked you to the marketplace and you need a rooted vox to get that app and following further steps that you may or may not be comfortable following.

Last edited by Jesslynne; 02-06-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Jesslynne is offline   Reply With Quote