View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 11:28 AM   #6
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Quote:
Originally Posted by phossler View Post
Both very good points, but it's just that if I also have the small bug that is already addressed by a point-point update, I won't know it until the bug shows up. There's really no way to know that it's been already addressed unless I read it in the forums, which is easily overlooked if I skip the post based on the subject line.
I completely agree. I often skip 3.x to 3.x+1 updates because the new features don't add anything for me, and I have no interest in staying on the bleeding edge just for the sake of it. (I just went from 3.17 to 3.24, and even then I would have stayed with 3.17 a while longer if I hadn't needed to reinstall.) So the notification sits there in the bottom of the main window and doesn't bother me; I look at the new features when an update is announced and decide if I can be bothered or not.

On the other hand, if I install 3.x and then find there's a bug, being told that a bugfix release 3.x.1 or 3.x.2 is available is important to me. Otherwise I (and others) end up spamming the forums unnecessarily. (And if I were interested in staying on the bleeding edge, not being notified about updates won't help me do that either.)

Last edited by Phssthpok; 06-01-2018 at 11:43 AM.
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote