View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #5
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
If they did this for their historical novels, I'd be there. But those are mostly reprints and probably wouldn't be as easy to arrange the permissions for.

Aside from that, I approve. DRM-free, many titles supposed to be available worldwide, and your choice of download from a selection in a genre you presumably read?

Sounds quite promising on the surface of it, especially if a membership subscription might also allow you to have discount access to additional titles beyond the monthly download (not implied by the actual terms given, just something that would be a nice bonus for readers if so).

ETA: They will allow extra discount titles and sometimes give advance access to club releases and are planning to possibly expand to include other publishers if they can get them to agree to DRM-free, according to the Publisher's Lunch article on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
I seen this written in press several times. are romance readers shamed by the choices they make of reading material?
No, probably just the silly covers that go on them and the silly way non-romance readers act about the covers. As a reader of sf/fantasy from the Baen catalogue which has a special mention on TV Tropes under "Contemptible Cover", I sympathize.

Last edited by ATDrake; 04-09-2012 at 10:44 AM.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote