View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 08:09 AM   #24
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ems2017 View Post
To follow the directions, you give to return to 1.17, as I understand, I must redownload from Amazon all my purchased books collection. Doing this could mean a hard time and I wonder whether this redownload could be avoided by saving (copying) ‘My Kindle content’ to other location and then copying it back to the original location after having reinstalled the version 1.17.
Deleting the contents of "My Kindle Content" is recommended so that there are no left over books in KFX format on your PC.

You could try just deleting the subfolders of "My Kindle Content". Those contain the books downloaded while Kindle for PC 1.19 was installed. I cannot say how well this will work as I have not tried it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems2017 View Post
Alternatively, the other question is: would be expected for Calibre to support the new Kindle in a foreseeable future?
I doubt that support for the KFX format is coming any time soon to calibre. As far as I know, no one is currently working on it. (Of course the illegality of trafficking in DRM removal tools in the US means that work may be going on in secret.)

Many of us who do most of their reading in the Kindle ecosystem own e-ink Kindle reading devices. Owners of these devices are still able to download books in Amazon's older formats via the website. Used older Kindle devices can be purchased fairly inexpensively by those who also wish to have this ability. Having this simple workaround reduces the incentive for developers to invest the time and energy needed to support the newer format.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote