View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #39
Mathew Reuther
SpecFic Writer
Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire, Nook, HTC One M8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
In our experiements, there is no difference whatsoever with a file generated from the KindleGen command line versus a file generated with Previewer, in terms of what's created, etc. We have one crew that works from KG and one from KP. The output files are identical and perform identically at KDP.
This has been my operating premise. I use the Previewer (Amazon actually has that "recommendation" somewhere, or did when I was looking at book coding) as it's slightly more user friendly (It has a GUI, after all) and allows me to easily flip through the various platform mockups to see if I have any issues.

But I did check the KGen command line to see if it changed anything in my case. It does not. Now, that's not to say that there could never be an issue (I have been around enough software development to know sometimes there's a bad commit and it causes issues in two similar products) but in this instance there does not seem to have been.

As for the suggestion regarding the naked opf, that's outside my understanding of how things work. It's also not using KGen as specified. (KGen does .html and .epub by the manual.) As a result it's not an experiment I am capable of conducting, nor one I see as relevant to the problem at hand.
Mathew Reuther is offline   Reply With Quote