View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 08:04 AM   #13
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
I thought the new guys were doing well, until that amazon app store debacle.

longer term, on all platforms, there's this uneasy coexistence between cc the librarian and something else( the reader app), with the added google/apple mandates for must pass copies cannot share data

i dunno if the solution is for CC to become/acquire the reader, or for the reader to become the librarian ( and CC falls by the wayside)
I am now using more of the librarian stuff in Moon reader, and opening books in that, so that I only have single copies of books, single "shelf" entries.

but I never was a " power" user of CC, with thousands of organised books on device. if those users are going to drive CC development, we will need to see wish lists for more/better librarian functions? [ e.g. notes/annotations management, read statistics... ]
I've never been one to do notes and annotations in my books. I never used highlighters in my school books way back when I was in school. I suspect that what they really need is for the various ebook readers to agree on a standard to share that sort of info. Maybe if one of the ebook readers who does that would publish their method, people would start doing so.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote