View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 07:58 PM   #16
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
What happens if you use Firefox as your default browser? (The only thing IE7 is used for here is occasional visits to the Windows Update site.)
Thanks Dennis! It seems to work now.

Actually, Firefox IS my default browser. I had assumed that the cookies were passed from IE, so never logged in with Firefox.

One article still showed no login, which was odd, but I chalk that up to the fact that I'm using a shared bugmenot login. If it persists, I'll try another or create a personal login.

Thanks again! This is really neat.

P.S. I got a new Lenovo Thinkpad with Vista on it last year. So I'm moving from an ancient desktop to that Thinkpad. I like Vista, even if there are some odd issues that seem to creep in and lots of incompatibilities. My main problems seem to come from programs that act like they are the admin acct owner that gave install privs or did the install. One side effect is that programs like Palm Desktop and Hotsync and others tend to look in the admin acct file structure for user and app data files. I could probably understand and solve that better if I actually read something about Vista, but so far I've just been "following my nose" and it seems to work out pretty well. Just wish it wasn't such a resource hog. If I get everything off the old desktop, it will probably become a n Ubuntu box...