View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 07:24 PM   #98
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
That would be so fantastic. I know of others who would like the opportunity to choose custom columns in the "Find Duplicates"-plugin.
@Tanjamuse:

Attached is a .zip copy of MCS with the new Cross-Library Search for Duplicates Using Custom Columns (and/or Standard Columns).

Could you please test this before I release it officially?

There is a new checkbox in the middle, "CL Duplicates?". CL = Cross Library.

Note that you can compare only 2 different Custom Columns simultaneously, so the top and the bottom Custom Columns on the left must be identical, as do the ones on the right.

You can compare 1 Standard Column and 1 Custom Column simultaneously too.

Also, 2 Standard Columns.

Note that you see not only what is a duplicate in the current library, but also what is a duplicate in the other library. Be sure not to miss the independent window showing Cross-Library Search Results, be they from CL Duplicate Searches or the previously available CL Intra-Book Searches.

That CL Search Results pop-up window can be missed if you happen to click another window just as it is being shown. It will remain active, but you might not notice it until later.

I have a lot of automatic edits in place that watch what you do while setting the Search Criteria, and either fix it for you or give an error message, analogous to what the action of checking the Inter-Book Search box does.

Let me know how it goes.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 07-27-2016 at 05:15 AM.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote