View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 11:19 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Thank you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat View Post
I really like how you name an actual file, i.e. including author's name. No need to rename them
on one of the Ballantyne titles, I forgot to put in the META-DATA. I didn't know how to fix this until someone here on this site clued me in.

Meta-data is apparently the embedded data that contains the author's name and title on the actual file. On my Reader, I like to have the author's name last. If I (or someone else) screws up on this, it can easily be corrected.

I use EditLrfMetaGUI to edit and correct these ommissions. I don't have the link to this, if you need it. (Perhaps someone can do that, or even suggest a better [?] program to edit meta-data.)

Anyway, I try to put the last name first on all my files on my computer, too, so they're quite easy to find. The one exception is the Harvard Classics.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote