View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 04:59 AM   #69
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Tell that to Dickens and Heinlein.

Derek
I would if they were both alive. Dickens was a hack and the only work I've ever enjoyed of his was A Christmas Carol, and then only because of its cultural resonance (I thank him alone for allowing Scrooged with Bill Murray to happen). Everything else by Dickens bores me to absolute tears.

Heinlein I despise even more. A libertarian bordering on fascist, mysogonist with little to no skill who somehow hit a chord with the post 60's pseudo-intellectuals who raised him up as a master. Dull, dull, dull.

If you're going to give examples use someone like Max Brand who was actually talented, wrote for money and only money and despised the audience who bought his work. He would make your argument more compelling to me, but not much more.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote