View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 04:19 AM   #1
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Translation help requested - 'turchino' (It.)

Not sure if the Lounge is technically the right forum for this request - but it has heaps of erudition, so thought I'd try here first.

Does 'turchino' have any other meaning than 'deep blue' in Italian?

A book I'm working on has :
"revealing not only the Italian bed with its crackling high-piled mattress of turchino"

I thought, from the context, it might be some sort of fabric - (it really may just mean the colour, altho that seems rather inconsequential).

I want to add a footnote explaining the word, so want to get it right.

Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote