View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 02:29 PM   #49
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I would not listen to an audiobook while driving.. it requires too much concentration on the book to drive. Now safe enough. It's like holding a cell phone while driving. I won't do that either. But I will se the speakerphone part of my cell easily.
I've listened to audiobooks while driving for many years. I first started listening to cassettes, graduated to cd's and now use my iPod--plugged in to the auxilary jack on my radio. To me it's not like holding a cell phone at all-more like listening to a ball game or the news on the radio. I don't have to interact with the audio book, and I'm always able to ignore my audio book and pay attention to what's going on around me if need be. It's a simple thing to rewind a few minutes of my book to get back to where I was.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote