View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 07:41 PM   #1
doogie68
Connoisseur
doogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it is

Device: TX
Sunrise XP for Newbies: A Tutorial

Sunrise XP is a great Windows utility for getting websites, ebooks, and anything else in HTML format onto your PDA, for reading in Plucker and Vade Mecum. Laurens Fridael, the creator, has graciously sacrificed a lot of time and effort into improving and refining this application, so I thought I’d do my part to show my appreciation to him and the MobileRead community by putting together a “Sunrise XP for Newbies” tutorial, since I’ve spoken with new users recently who don’t know where to start. We had a few forum threads that provided some information each time Laurens created a new alpha or beta version, but there was no single good place to get instructions. A good portion of this text was modified from Laurens’ posts on the MobileRead forums and the program’s help documentation, so let’s call him a co-author.

Requirements for Sunrise:
  • Windows XP / 2000 / 2003
  • Pentium II or better
  • 128Mb RAM for common websites. 256Mb for larger documents.
  • HotSync Manager 4 or 6. (Should also work without HotSync installed, but does not work with older HotSync versions.)

Please forgive me for the length of this tutorial, (in my initial goal to create it, I never thought it would get this big). I promise you, it will be worth it!

Last edited by doogie68; 04-10-2006 at 09:43 AM.