View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 01:58 AM   #5
EbokJunkie
Addict
EbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook Touch, Sony 950, 350
khahoon
Step-by-step procedure (uses older version of Penelope because it is simpler to use than latest 3.1.3).
For example, you have Norvegian-English dictionary in Stardict format, intending to read Norvegian book and want to look up that dictionary on Kobo reader.
1. Go here and download file penelope_2.0.2.zip.
2. Install Python. I have Python 2.7 installed on Windows 7 64 bit.
3. Download file marisa.zip attached to this post. It containes two Windows executables I built from open source Marisa code. Penelope script invokes these executables. Place them anywhere; I put them to C:\tmp.
4. Unsip Penelope script and place it to folder of your choice. Open file penelope.py (if using Python 2.7)in any text editor, find variables MARISA_BUILD_PATH and MARISA_REVERSE_LOOKUP_PATH and set them to "c:/tmp/marisa-build.exe" and to "c:/tmp/marisa-reverse-lookup.exe" respectively. Save penelopa.py.
5. Copy your StarDict dictionary to the folder with Penelope script. Let the dictionary files be nor_en.dict, nor_en.idx, and nor_en.ifo.
6. Make this Penelope folder current and issue this command:
Code:
python penelope.py -p nor_en -f nor -t en --output-kobo
Here -f provides "from" language and -t "to" language.
7. Run this command. In case of success script creates Kobo dictionary dicthtml-nor-en.zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip marisa.zip (49.7 KB, 1686 views)

Last edited by EbokJunkie; 09-21-2017 at 03:59 PM.
EbokJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote