View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 02:10 AM   #201
Canadian Cookie
Canadian Cookie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...player_ics.apk

Download. Copy to your device. Open your file manager to the spot where you placed it (I keep it in /downloads, for simplicity), run it.

Or, from a web browser on your ARc, look up "xda adobe flash" in Google. The thread you want should be the first contextless one one displayed in the first search result ("Adobe Flash Player 11.1.115.20"), with the "Official download link" in the 4th post. Just click and install.

You'll need to be using Opera, Firefox, or possibly Dolphin HD in order to get Flash to actually work at all (even crippled like it is for me :/).

Wow! We are supposed to do all this? Our Kobo Arc should have come with an app like Flash. Where are Faisal Abed and Kobo Robin? We shouldn’t have to spend all this time figuring things out.
I did find the free book that I got from the Google play store but I can only read it there. Although on google.com they say: Keep on device. To ensure that your book will remain available for offline reading, tap the box next to "Keep on device" to check it.
I haven’t come across that box yet.
Canadian Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote