View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
Update!

The daughter has a friend that uses his/her fathers Ipad. So she wants one also! But at $600 at the time it is a tad steep. The girl is 7 years old and still has not had the Christmas bubble popped about Santa yet. It is hard enough that she was introduced to death with her father and just last week her aunt.

I plan to help, in what ever way it takes, but other than my kindles that I do know about and love. I really do not have a clue.

It must be something that she can not grow out of and a kindle/nexus seem to be close to what the ipad can be and do.

Started this thread to get a mix of good opinions/discussions on the subject.

Edit: The Ipad mini is cheaper but the screen resolution puts me off. But it is a Ipad and that would match.
You're clearly a very kind person, and I admire your wanting to help this little girl. But in all honesty I think it would be unwise to buy an iPad for a 7-year-old. It's a heck of a lot of money to spend on what would be a toy for a young child and, as has been said already, these things do have a relatively short "shelf-life". In 2 or 3 years, it probably won't be able to run the latest apps.

If she really, really wants a tablet, there are much less expensive alternatives available, especially if you're willing to go for something that's 2nd hand or refurbished. Heck, you can get a 2nd hand first-generation iPad at very low prices these days, and for a child it would be just as good.

But again, I admire the help you want to give this little girl. Kudos to you for that.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote