View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
Frescard
Enthusiast
Frescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Activating T1 without registration?

I will be getting my T1 soon, and I am wondering whether it's possible to activate it without registering it with the Sony store.
I haven't seen Sony's TOS yet, but I'm pretty sure that I don't want to agree to it (and I'm absolutely sure that I don't want to spend a week analyzing their terms before I can make an educated decision on whether to agree to it or not...)

I (briefly) had a Kobo, and there it was possible to edit the database, and fill in some dummy email address, to have it work without registration, but I haven't found any instructions for the Sony so far.

(I don't care if I wouldn't be able to use the Sony store, if the reader isn't registered.)
Frescard is offline   Reply With Quote