View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 09:09 PM   #6
Anjalena
Anjalena began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
Your pdf is made up of images with bad hidden OCR as discussed in sticky - Acrobat Professional has an OCR engine you can try to use, but IMHO it's not worth the effort to use for a whole book, it was really a tacked on feature without an effective editing interface. ABBYY Finereader is much better for the task, but even with that I'm guessing you will not want to go through the effort required, which is substantial.

Google for Acrobat OCR if you want to research more.
Thanks for the help, Idolse. I'm already looking into getting the books in another format. Not sure if I can afford it though. Most of the ebooks I want are around $8'ish a piece, which is probably around the same price as a physical book so I can't complain. But my income is very small. =(

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Perhaps you could go back to the place where you bought your books and see if they have ePub or Mobi versions available? Where did you get them from?
They were a gift to me last year from a friend. I feel awkward about going back to her about it. How do you go back to someone and say "Hey, those books you bought for me didn't work right."? I'm looking into buying them in a different format. Thanks Harry. =)
Anjalena is offline   Reply With Quote