Thread: lv Serial Cable
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Might be. I think these serial ports wil do 400K+ speed serial lines.
Flow control is nice to have at those speeds.

Anything that is a "driven ground" (signal output in low state, this is CMOS) might act like a not-so-good ground point.

Do you have access to an O'Scope to check it with?

Hmm...
Maybe we should get someone with a lot of "Google Credits" to look up how to use the PC Audio Mic-In (or Line-in, in this case) jack as a quick-and-dirty O'Scope.
Hello, Volunteers????
I planned to do that "someday". It is probably AC coupled though. The XO/OLPC (one laptop per child) pc lets you select DC mode for the microphone input, and it has a scope program built-in.

But even AC coupled has its uses for changing signals, but not good for measuring static DC voltage levels.

I have Rigol (hacked, of course)... and a somewhat bulkier analog scope for when a DSO is not the right tool for the job. I think I was maybe 12 when I bought my first scope (AC coupled vacuum tube, back in the day)... ;-)

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-28-2012 at 07:29 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote