View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 01:04 PM   #12
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
I have just some experience with rooting Android phones. I'd say it's definitely simpler there with adb access and the possibility of installing custom apps. I'd say a possible way would be getting root access within an app created with the official sdk so it can be installed, I don't actually know though how one can get access to such developing software. We can maybe exploit some bugs used in rooting android.
What you said was interesting, but I think for the sake of clarity and to prevent confusion, we shouldn't discuss the Kindle Fire in this thread. As I said in the first post, the Fire and the Kindle 4/Touch are completely different. Kindle Fire runs Android while the Kindle 4/Touch uses the same Amazon java framework as the Kindle 3/2/1. You are free to start another thread on developing for the fire, but right now, we don't have much information. (And I'll say one more thing, it's running Android but it's Amazon's custom android, so no adb is involved).
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote