View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 11:40 PM   #1
allisondbl
Connoisseur
allisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Paperwhites 2013 and 2015, Nook Glowlight, iPhone, etc.
Angry HELP! Conflict Hamster and Kranf Collection Manager or at least foldering?

I am aware of the problems with Hamster and Calibre and with all due apologies I tried Calibre for a long time but found it was too complicated for my simple needs: namely just to convert a couple of formats into .mobi and to put books into collections. I still tried to use it out of respect but it could not organize collections properly. So I used it to convert files to .mobi and I used Kindle Collection Manager until Kindle CM stopped working with last Kindle "update." So ... I switched to Kranf Collection Manager for organization. Worked beautifully until ...

Calibre began to A take nearly double digit minutes to load and then B hog CPU so completely it makes computer useless.

So using Kranf to organize, I switched to using Hamster to convert. Fast and easy. BUT

I found that when I ran Kranf it no longer put books into collections. Tried everything running, rerunning Kranf program, going into system folder and deleting all backup going as far back as I could and using old .json file ... nothing.

Then had a brainwave. I added one spanking new folder in to see what happened. It added folder BUT only put two of six books into it.

Puzzled and then idea: checked date I had converted the books that DID go into folder to mobi format or date at which books had been put on my computer and BINGO: they were PRE-Hamster as converter.

So it seems there's a conflict between a file converted from e.g. epub to "amazon" i.e. mobi on Hamster and getting it to go into a folder.

I tried using Kindle CM again by the way to check and no help.

Any ideas? *sob*
allisondbl is offline   Reply With Quote