View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #14
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryWes View Post
I was forced to wipe and reload due to an entirely different issue. I actually think my battery is lasting longer. I concientiously close my unused apps though.

With 4.2, exiting an app by pressing the home button no longer necessarily closes an app. When you double click the home key, you can see in the task manager which apps are still running. Some but not all of those may be pulling power from your iPad. To truly close them, you must first double click the home screen to bring up the task manager, then press an app icon until it goes jiggly (like moving or deleting on the home page), then press the little minus sign in the corner. The app will disappear from the task manager, and it will be closed.
Not 100% correct. The double-click tray just shows "recent apps", not necessarily "running apps". Deleting a multi-tasking app from the tray should stop it, but deleting a non-multi-tasking app from the tray does nothing. Apps have to be multi-tasking enabled in order to multi-task.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote