View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 08:36 AM   #15
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
I was soaking in a hot bath and reading a book when my wife stormed in screaming, "Don't you want to do anything?"\
"I'm doing something. Something I enjoy. What did you have in mind?"
"Well, wouldn't you rather go to the mall?"

A man at work wanted to know why, when he brought up an issue, I knew about the issue and research that had been done and projects that had been tried in other places. I explained that I read. He responded that I was "cheating".

I tested everyone who worked for me and discovered that almost 25% were functionally illiterate. They'd all finished high school, many had some college or were in college, and two had college degrees. We did a reading improvement class and everyone who took the class improved. We discovered two employees with forms of dyslexia who had gone through 12+ years of school without anyone noticing.

If the schools taught sex the way they teach reading, by the time the kids reached puberty they wouldn't want to do it.

Last edited by patrickt; 10-08-2011 at 08:38 AM.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote