View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 05:06 PM   #82
dougf4
Connoisseur
dougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook Tablet (Rooted), jetbook lite
Joe Picket from the CJ BOx Mystery Novels.

From the C.J. Box website,

"When I think of Joe Pickett, I don’t think of an action hero, or a smooth operator, or an actor. I always picture him as he is: a western archetype -- briefly described in the novels only as “lean and of medium height” -- alone in his pickup truck, accompanied by his dog or perhaps his sidekick Nate Romanowski, perched on a mountain under a huge blue sky, contemplating hundreds of miles of raw Wyoming landscape laid out in front of him.

Real world experiences provide the background for Joe Pickett novels. While working on ranches and exploration survey crews, I learned first-hand about the beauty, cruelty, and balance of the natural world. The land itself - the environment - plays a major role in all the Joe Pickett novels. That's because the land in the Rocky Mountain west dominates day-to-day existence. The fight over that land provides the conflict and the stories. This fight has economic, ideological, historical, and theological overtones. It's a serious fight with enormous consequences.

Joe doesn’t enter every fight with an agenda other than to do the right thing. It’s his fatal flaw. Wish him luck."
dougf4 is offline   Reply With Quote