View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 05:04 PM   #9
jecilop
Addict
jecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Android
Custom word in frequency search

@DaltonST,

I have been looking at this plug-in and trying to apply it but am struggling. After re-reading your description here as well as the Q&A, I'm left with the following:

1) Is it possible to setup the plug-in to read capitalized words and not have to extract then turn into lowercase before reading? I have to wonder if this is what contributes to it taking a LONG time on ONE book. As someone with tens of thousands of books in Calibre, this plug-in then becomes a waste of time in the running (not in the data it could provide). Am I wrong about this contributing to the time it takes to run one book? (for Example, I could run Quality Check/Search Epubs and go through a lot of books in little time comparatively). I am curious, but I also concede that I do not know the code needed to make this work.

2) When I first installed the plug-in (seeing it only in Calibre's list of available plug-ins), I understood it to mean that I could tell it to include the frequency of words I defined. For example, say I want to know the frequency of the word "hall" in a book. This would be basic text and thus include combinations that include it such as "hallmark" as well as including any capitalized version such as "Hall" or "Hallway".
Now, rereading the description and trying to play with the plug-in (at which point I noticed the time it took to run it on default settings for one book), I believe this is not possible.

Is it possible that you could modify your app or create another based on similar principles that does a word count for user-specified words and creates tags based on this?

The purpose would be just as you noted - info about a book that can be very helpful to a user. For example, in my case I'm not fond of books full of vulgarity. Sometimes, you just don't know what you are going to be reading. I'd like to take what I already do via Calibre and improve my "word existence" search to including a count of the frequency of the word I specify as well as creating tags in a customized column based on the returned info (rather than the comments - example of tag: hall-50) This will help me to better categorize books as to the content and feel of the book.

If this isn't something you can do, do you know of a similar app?
jecilop is offline   Reply With Quote